Oklahoma City Chapter 7 bankruptcy is the most convenient, quickest, and least expensive form of bankruptcy. Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Oklahoma City is sometimes called a liquidation, a “true”, or a “straight” bankruptcy. That’s because your property is divided into exempt and non-exempt property. All exempt assets will be kept by you. Your unpaid debts are then discharged, with only a few exceptions. In essence, a chapter 7 bankruptcy is an exchange of non-exempt property for a discharge of your debt.
A qualified Oklahoma City bankruptcy chapter 7 attorney with Sansone Howell can help you determine if you have any non-exempt assets. More importantly, our Oklahoma City chapter 7 bankruptcy lawyers can give you the chapter 7 bankruptcy help you need to keep your assets.
How do I know if I should get Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Help?
If you are experiencing any of the following, you should get a Chapter 7 bankruptcy evaluation from one of our experienced attorneys:
- You are wages are being or are about to be garnished.
- You’ve had to borrow money from “pay day” loan companies.
- The loss of a job.
- You’ve fallen behind on some of your credit card payments.
- You’ve had unexected medical debt that you can’t afford.
- Your credit card companies increased your minimum monthly payment and you can’t afford it.
- You’ve reached or exceeded the limit on some of your credit cards.
- You’ve had to juggle credit card payments by using some credit cards to pay off other credit cards.
- You have trouble sleeping at night because you stress about making ends meet.
- You are having marital problems because you and your spouse argue about finances.
Am I Eligible for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy?
Some people are not a good fit for Chapter 7 bankruptcy. If you have a substantial amount of non-exempt assets, make more then the median income, have had a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in the last 8 years, or need to save your home from foreclosure then you may be a better fit for Chapter 13 bankruptcy. However, regardless of your situation Sansone Howell can help.
Don’t Wait To Call!
If any of the situations listed above sound familiar, it is time for you to consult with an experienced Oklahoma Ch 7 bankruptcy attorney who can give you sound advice about whether you should file bankruptcy Chapter 7 or whether Chapter 13 might be better for you. We can even set you up with an affordable payment plan. Filing bankruptcy 7 may finally give you the relief that you need to once again enjoy life. Call us at (405) 455-1032 for your free consultation!